Dragonfly TLSO is the first release in our TherAlign™ brand of code-verified orthotic systems. It combines ‘warm-and-form’ spinal bracing with the wearable therapy of a TheraTogs undergarment in a customized, integrated orthosis.
Promotes superior torso stability throughout the core
Dragonfly TLSO supports the spine and trunk with a lightweight, rigid panel – forming a custom spinal support anchored on the pelvis for superior torso core stability while training the neuromotor system into more functional alignment using a TheraTogs undergarment.
Lightweight, comfortable, and easy to wear
- Provides abdominal support without restricting breathing
- Facilitates long-term neuromotor improvements that address the causes of postural and spinal issues
- Live-in orthotic solution that does much more than simply immobilize the spine
- No complicated tightening devices
- Weighs less than one pound for most adult sizes, and pediatric sizes weigh a few ounces
- Customized postural support is worn discreetly, under loose clothing
How the Dragonfly TLSO works
A clinician first warms the Dragonfly brace using a low temperature(165°-180° F). Warming takes 8 – 14 minutes , depending on the heat source and the size of the Dragonfly. Meanwhile, a TheraTogs undergarment is applied to the wearer’s hips and torso, which is cozy, breathable and delivers somatosensory input, flexible stability, and attachment sites for muscle-assist strapping. Once warmed, the Dragonfly is then applied to support the spine with a lightweight but rigid panel, custom-formed to the iliac crests and upper trunk, to anchor spinal alignment support on the pelvis.