Dynamic Head Suspension System for low muscle tone in neck and trunk.
Headpod allows maintaining an upright and physiological position allowing the head to rotate with total precision, favoring the muscular development of the neck.
- Obtain a vertical and physiological position of the head, facilitating mobility and rotation of the head, and building neck muscles while wearing the Headpod.
- Facilitates feeding at mealtime.
- Helps prevent musculoskeletal deformities, contractures and pain associated with both.
- Allows for better visual interaction with surroundings.
- Allows the user to have a focused and balanced posture and more relaxed muscle tone with less dystonia, helps while carrying out any activity, such as those related to physical therapy, speech therapy, education, occupational therapy, enabling better school performance.
- Allows for easier breathing, thus reducing complications such as respiratory failure, pneumonia, bronchiectasis and so on.
- Improves hand to eye coordination.
- Decreases drooling.
- Improves ergonomics and prevents injury to caregiving professionals.
The head can move in any direction except downwards, this makes Headpod a unique device in relation to any restrictive or static positioning device. With Headpod you will find a variety of secondary benefits to a good physiological positioning, natural and healthy.
Our best Indication:
Children between 2 and 14 years old unable to sustain the weight of their own head due to neck weakness, provided that there is no high extensor tone in the trunk or significative deformities on it. Examples are cerebral palsy, neurological diseases and syndromes or conditions causing hypotonia of the neck muscles.
Other possible indications:
It can also help kids older than 14 years old and adults with low muscle tone and no significative kyphosis or spinal deformities.
Headpod is sometimes not recommended for people with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) when the patient has developed a very pronounced kyphosis and must be under constant supervision because eventually will develop dysphagia.